Did you have a plan for your marriage?
Do you wish that you and your husband had some important conversations before you said I do?
In today’s episode, Paula Holt, a marriage educator, shares great insight for women who are committed to building a strong marriage, resilient kids, and a great career. Her advice is spot on for women facing the everyday pressures of family life and wondering if they can make it all work.
Some of the things we discuss during the interview:
- How an episode of the Oprah show focused on post-wedding letdown inspired Paula to learn everything she could about marriage and ultimately become a marriage educator
- The advice Paula would give to women who are dating
- The advice Paula would give to engaged and recently married women
What do you do when you want to shift the balance between the “mother” role and the marriage and leader roles?
- What books every couple should read
Paula has two great FREE resources:
- Career Planning Worksheet to help you and your spouse discussing the important issues around managing your careers in the context of your marriage and family. PaulaHolt.com/WifeMotherLeader
- Free email course for help couples prepare for marriage: PaulaHolt.com/getreadytosayido