The Power of Essentialism for Busy Women
Jan 23, 2020
- What am I deeply passionate about
- What taps my talents?
- What meets a significant need in the world?
These are the key questions that an Essentialist asks. In today's podcast, I share a book that has had a profound impact on my life. It's called Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.
I read Essentialism several years ago. I can actually trace my journey to my current job and to the relaunch of this podcast to some of the lessons in that book.
I share my own answers to those key questions as well as my top takeaways from the book:
- Choices aren’t nouns. They are not a thing. They are ACTIONS. You have to take action and decide what your priorities are. If you don’t, your work and the world will decide them for you.
- You have to make trade-offs.
- Clarity is critical.
- What works best for your NOW?
- Don’t do more things, do more of the right things
- Your highest point of contribution will change over time (Your BIG yes)
- You create your priorities
Want help applying this to your life? I've created a free 5 min resource to help you!
Free Essentialism Filter Creation Tool