12 Lessons from 12 Years of Marriage: Lessons 1-3 (Part 4)
Jan 24, 2019
This is the final episode in this series where I share key lessons from 12 years of marriage.
Lessons 4-12 were not in a particular order, but 1-3 are. These are the 3 most important lessons that have shaped our marriage.
These lessons are what have made the most difference in our marriage. They are what I would tell an engaged or newly married couple if I only had a few minutes to share some advice.
In this episode, I focus on the following lessons:
- Lesson 3: Teamwork makes the dream work
- Lesson 2: Pray together daily
- Lesson 1: God must be at the center
If you didn't listen to Part 1, Part 2, or Part 3, with lessons 4-12, check them out:
- Lesson 12: Change Yourself. Don't try to change your husband.
- Lesson 11: Being vulnerable helps you be understood
- Lesson 10: Cheerleading is a skill you must learn
- Lesson 9: You have to advocate for yourself.
- Lesson 8: Kids are a gift from God, but shouldn’t be the center of your entire world
- Lesson 7: My interests are my interests and so are yours
- Lesson 6: Like is a feeling. Love is an action.
- Lesson 5: It will be the things you don’t plan for that determine the success of your relationship
- Lesson 4: Great sex is a by-product of a great marriage (not the other way around)
Tune into the episode to hear specific examples for each of these lessons and learn how you might apply them to your own marriage.